The following conditions are supported using a combination of Functional Medicine (Comprehensive Laboratory Testing and Analysis, Lab based nutritional and supplement protocols), Customized Chinese Herbal Therapy, Dietary Therapy and Lifestyle modifications.
- Unexplained Infertility (Male and Female)
- Luteal Phase Insufficiency
- Advanced Maternal Age Infertility
- Premature Ovarian Decline/Failure
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Male Factor Infertility (Poor sperm morphology/motility, Low sperm count/volume)
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Pre-Natal, Pregnancy and Post-Partum support
- Inhibited Lactation
- PMS and Painful Menses
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (Irregular and or heavy menses)
- Amenorrhea (no menses)
- Endometriosis and Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Cervical Mucous abnormalities
- Low Libido
- Peri-Menopause and Menopause
- Yeast Infections
- Thyroid Disorders (Hashimoto’s, variations of Hypothyroidism)
- Adrenal Fatigue (“Hypothalamus-Pituitary Adrenal Dysfunction”)
Benefits of Working With Us:
Balancing Thyroid and Adrenal hormones:
- Relieving fatigue, difficulty with losing weight, waistline weight gain, insulin resistance, poor blood sugar regulation, hair loss, low libido, cravings, insomnia, poor/compromised athletic endurance, digestive issues, frequent colds/infections, allergies, joint or muscle pain, chemical sensitivities, fertility issues.
Balancing Female Hormones
- Relieving Menstrual symptoms: Painful menses (dysmenorrhea); Irregular/scanty or absent/heavy menstrual cycles.
- Relieving PMS associated Mood swings/Depression/Anxiety/ Insomnia.
- Optimized Fertility and Reproductive potential is the side effect of a balanced female hormonal landscape.
- Relief from Peri-Menopausal, Menopausal and Post-Menopausal symptoms Such as: Hot flashes and night sweating, mood swings, insomnia, poor concentration and focus.
- Support for PCOS: At the heart of PCOS, is an “Insulin Resistant State”, due to poor blood sugar regulation which then disrupts female reproductive hormone balance often leading to anovulatory (Not ovulating) states with irregular and or absent menstrual cycles. The focus with our PCOS patients is to stabilize blood sugar, improve insulin sensitivity, while re-establishing female hormonal balance.
Addressing Common Gynelogical Conditions
Irregular/Heavy/Absent Menstrual Bleeding
Uterine Fibroids (<6 cm)
Optimizing Fertility Potential
Enhance and or Improve Fertility Potential: In patients with low or declining ovarian reserve, premature ovarian decline, luteal phase insufficiency, advanced maternal age, unexplained infertility, PCOS and/or male factor.
Resolve underlying neuro-endocrine (hormonal) and or immune issues hindering fertility: Improving brain’s communication with Ovaries/Testies, Thyroid, and Adrenals. Balancing and supporting immune system via Repairing the gut and improving digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
Optimizing Pre-Conception Health
Prepare the body for the biggest race of its life – Pregnancy! Enter pregnancy with a healthy, strong and balanced body (neuro-endocrine-immune system).
Optimizing Health During Pregnancy and During
Herbal Pregnancy support: 1st trimester herbal therapy to support healthy placental development, progesterone production and overall health of both mother and growing baby. 1st trimester herbal therapy also provides management and Support for: Nausea/Vomiting/Heartburn (aka, “Morning Sickness”).
Additional pregnancy issues supported: Threatened miscarriage not due to chromosomal abnormalities.
Post-Partum Herbal Support: Post-delivery herbal therapy for post-delivery recovery, support and promotion of healthy Lactation and passing of lochia; Support for Post-partum depression, as well as, compromised energy and sleep. In addition to providing herbal support during pregnancy and post-partum, we arm our patients with sound and effective dietary and nutritional guidance and therapy.
Chinese and Functional Medical Treatment can also be utilized and provide support for a range of Men’s health disorders that cause Male Infertility such as:
- Oligozoospermia (low sperm count, <20 millions/ml or < 40 million per ejaculate): the most common male factor of infertility, and azoospermia (lack of viable sperm).
- Sperm abnormalities:
- Morphology: <30% normal (WHO Standards); < 14-15% Normal (Kruger Criteria – More strict)
- Motility: <50% forward moving sperm or < 20% total Motile Sperm
- Semen factors:
- Semen volume:< 2 ml/ejaculation (Normal: 2.0-5ml/ejaculation)
- Abnormal pH:(Normal 7.2-8.0)
- Prolonged liquefaction time: > 30 min (Normal: < 30 min)
- Sperm Vitality (% of alive Sperm):(Normal: >75% of sperm alive
- Seminal White Blood Cell count:(Normal: < 1 million/ml)
- Some sexual functional disorders, such as retro ejaculation.
- Other Urologic or Reproductive Health Issues.
In many occasions, the exact underline causes and mechanisms of the resultant abnormalities in semen and sperm listed above often can be unknown, as well as, difficult to address from the Western Perspective, other than circumnavigating the issue with ICSI (Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection). However, current research demonstrates the promising effects Chinese Medicine – both acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine, play with improving the semen parameters in male factor. We suggest at least 12 weeks of Functional Medicine and Chinese herbal treatment (3 months minimum) as the development and maturation of new sperm (spermatogenesis) takes between 90-100 days. Depending on the severity of Male factor, treatment could last up to a year+.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Prevention
Chinese Herbal and Functional Medicine can also be used to help prevent miscarriage and aid in the prevention of recurrent pregnancy loss or problem pregnancies. In general, Chinese Medicine is extremely effective for preventing miscarriage when threatened miscarriage is due to hormonal imbalances, such as low progesterone or immune factors. For this purpose, Chinese Herbal Therapy may be used either preventively when the woman is asymptomatic or even after symptoms of threatened miscarriage has happened.