Healing Traditions’ Mission Statement
- The Goal of Healing Traditions Integrated Wellness is to provide quality holistic and integrative health care with the intent of helping people improve their quality of life & well-being.
- Through the use of Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal therapy, Asian Body Work (Tui Na) combined with Functional Medicine, Metabolic, Diet, Lifestyle & Nutritional counseling, the body’s innate sense of balance & wellness can be restored.
- Our integrative and holistic medical approach recognizes the body as an integrated whole and addresses each patient’s health situation in a unique & individual manner.
- Our intention is to discover & treat the root cause of our patient’s illnesses & discomforts, as well as, alleviate the accompanying symptoms.
- We use the ancient wisdom from Oriental Medicine coupled with modern Functional Medical knowledge from the 21st century to promote health, wellness & overall physical balance.
- We also believe in an integrated & cooperative healing community in which we will refer patients to other doctors/medical practitioners & therapists as their needs dictate.
- We will make every effort to communicate and educate in a clear manner, take the time to listen to questions & concerns and thoroughly explain all aspects of our treatments to each & every patient.
- We will make it our duty to provide treatment with respect, & strive to improve the quality of life of every individual we have the honor of serving.
Dr. Gina Mortellaro-Gomez:
DAOM, MSOM, B.S., L.Ac., C.H., NCCAOM Dipl. O.M., FABORM,
Dipl.TCM Dermatology, IFMCP Candidate
Founder of Healing Traditions Integrated Wellness, Dr. Gina loves working with and empowering women to live their healthiest lives. With 15 years of clinical experience, Dr. Gina utilizes a combination of Chinese Medicine (Classical Chinese Herbal Therapy and Acupuncture) and Functional Medicine, as well as, Functional Dietary and Nutritional Therapy to resolve the root causes of her patient’s illnesses, uncover functional dysfunctioning within the body before it becomes pathological and to support whole-person wellness. Dr. Gina’s profound knowledge of the “neuro-endocrine-immune” systems has enabled her to help her patients resolve and or quell a wide variety of complex, chronic health issues and autoimmune conditions. Dr. Gina holds a deep reverence for the body’s innate healing intelligence and is humbled daily to serve in the role of helping her patients awaken their body’s ‘inner physician’ to catalyze it’s healing capacity.
In practice, Dr. Gina specializes in:
- ObGyn (support for common ObGyn health issues)
- Balancing of hormones (Sex hormones, Adrenal, Thyroid)
- Autoimmune, immune and dermatological conditions
- B.S. in Kinesiology – University of Colorado at Boulder. 1999
- MSOM – Master’s of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM – 4 year degree) from South West Acupuncture College in Boulder, Colorado. 2003-2007
- DAOM – Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM – 2.5 year residency), Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2013-2015, Los Angeles, California – specialty in Reproductive Medicine (For Men and Women), Women’s health-OBGYN and Men’s Urologic and Reproductive Health.
- Dr. Mortellaro-Gomez’s Thesis Research Title was: Infertility and Autoimmune Hypothyroid (Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis): Neuroendocrine-Immune modulation and fertility support utilizing Traditional Herbal Medicine (THM). A Systematic Review.
- To view Dr. Mortellaro-Gomez’s Doctoral Dissertation and Defense, please visit http://doctorginagomez.com/dissertation/
- NCCAOM Dipl. OM – Nationally Board Certified Diplomat in Oriental Medicine by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Lic #: 31611
- Includes National Board Certifications in both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine, as well as, certification in Clean Needle Technique and the passing of 5 National Board Examinations (Consisting of: Chinese Medical theory and diagnosis board exam, Western Biomedicine board exam, Acupuncture point location board exam, Acupuncture point energetics board exam and a Chinese Herbal Medicine board exam).
- FABORM – Nationally Board Certified in Oriental Reproductive Medicine and a Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM) – includes advanced competencies in both Western Bio-Medical and Chinese Medical Reproductive Endocrinology, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Male Urology, Reproductive Medicine and Infertility and the passing of a 6th National Board Examination.
- L.Ac (Colorado) – Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of Colorado, License #: CO1371
- Post-graduate diploma in Chinese Herbal Medicine from the Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences in Beijing, China, 2007 – included interning at one of Beijing’s top and busiest hospitals, Tong Ren Hospital, in Beijing China.
- Post-graduate Diploma and Advanced clinical externship in “Ancient Chinese Medicine” (ACM) specializing in Acupuncture, Classical Chinese Herbal Medicine & Meditation, The Shanghai Insight Ancient Chinese Medicine Training Center in Shanghai, China, 2007.
- Advanced clinical apprenticeship in Acupuncture Sports Medicine with Whitfield Reaves, OMD 2008-2009.
- Diplomat (Dipl.) in Chinese Medicine Dermatology – Internationally board certified in Chinese Medical Dermatology by The International TCM Dermatology Association (www.tcmdermatology.org). San Jose, California at Five Branches University of Chinese Medicine. Avicenna – Mazin Al-Khafaji. 2018-2019
- Graduate Mentorship Program (GMP) – Classical Chinese Herbal Mentorship under Sharon Weizenbaum, White Pine Institute, 2018-2021.
- Certified in Functional Blood Chemistry by Apex Energetics.
- Functional Medicine Mentorship under Dr. Daniel Kalish, D.C., Kalish Functional Medicine Institute. 2015-2016.
- IFMCP (Institute of Functional MedicineCertified Practitioner) Candidate
- Has completed all of The Institute of Functional Medicine required course work. Dr. Gina will be sitting for her IFM certification board exam in November 2021.
Dr. Mortellaro-Gomez also lectures and instructs on the integration of Chinese Medicine and Functional Medicine. Dr. Gina has a recorded CEU Webinar on Healthy Seminars titled, “How Chinese Herbal Medicine Enhances Fertility Potential in Patients Diagnosed with Hashimoto’s (Auto-Immune Hypothyroid)”. This course is based on a combination of Dr. Gina’s 12+ years of clinical experience and her formal doctoral research and Capstone thesis which looked at how “Traditional Herbal Medicine modulates the Neuro-Endocrine-Immune System in patients diagnosed with Hashimoto’s (Auto-immune Hypothyroid) who are also struggling with infertility”, as well as, provides an in-depth look at Thyroid physiology and patho-physiology, and details an abundant amount of resources for providing support and treatment to the Hashimoto’s patient, specifically struggling with infertility.
In addition to her formal studies, private practice and lecturing, Dr. Mortellaro-Gomez has spent an extensive amount of time traveling abroad in China, Nepal and Thailand and strives to take her experiences and time from being abroad and apply them not only in her day-to -day life but also within her medical practice. Dr. Gina’s favorite things in life are spending time and going on adventures with her husband, Gary, and their two dogs, Zen and Zola Lou, most preferrably, somewhere in the Colorado mountains!
Dr. Mortellaro-Gomez Holds Specialties In the Following Areas:
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OBGYN)
We are Nationally Board Certified Specialists in Oriental Reproductive Medicine integrating together Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Metabolic, Dietary & Nutritional Therapies and Functional Medicine to support common OBGYN health issues, such as, hormonal & menstrual irregularities and menopause, general health and wellness during pregnancy, as well as, during the post-partum period; Includes support for Gynecologic and Reproductive Endocrine and Auto-immune related issues.
- Reproductive Medicine – Fertility
We are Nationally Board Certified Specialists in Oriental Reproductive Medicine integrating together Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Metabolic, Dietary & Nutritional Therapies and Functional Medicine to enhance Reproductive Health and Fertility Potential in both men and women. Includes support for Gynecologic/Urolgoic and Reproductive Endocrine and Auto-immune related issues, as well as, support for IVF/ICSI/IUI & Male Factor.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Medicine is the main modality or treatment method within Oriental Medicine and is especially effective for promoting the body’s ability to heal and recuperate via addressing the body’s underlying imbalances, as well as, relieving symptoms. Prescribed Chinese Herbal formulas are individually tailored for our patient’s specific and individual health care needs. Healing Traditions Integrated Wellness houses both extensive Chinese Bulk and Granule Herbal Pharmacies.
- Nutrition and Dietary Support
- A Balanced Nutritional State is essential for achieving and maintaining health! We coach and educate our patients on their specific and individual Nutritional and Dietary needs. Using BOTH Chinese & Western philosophies, we are able to help our patients modify and enhance their diets, as well as, offer nutritional & targeted supplement advice with the goal of achieving optimal health and well-being. Chinese nutrition and dietary therapy determines the energies and therapeutic properties of foods, as well as, takes into consideration such factors as methods of food preparation, body type, season & one’s geographical location in determining the appropriate diet.
- Functional Medicine
The goal of functional medicine is prevention and addressing the underlying clinical imbalances that may lead to any number of chronic illnesses via Dietary, Lifestyle, and Nutritional counseling and blood chemistry and laboratory analysis. Integrating Functional Medicine with Chinese Medicine serves to be a powerful combination in addressing and treating the patient as a “true whole”.
- Dermatological, Allergy and Immunology Support Dr. Gina is Internationally Board Certified in Chinese Dermatology and integrates Chinese Herbal Medicine, Functional Medicine and Functional Dietary & Nutritional Therapies to address a wide range of intractable skin, allergic and irritable bowel conditions such as:
– Atopic Eczema, Acne, Peri-Oral Dermatitis, Urticaria, Psoriasis, Lichen Planus, Lichen Simplex, Rosacea, Vitiligo, Alopecia Areata, Impetigo, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis, Viral Warts (Common, Plane, Molluscum Contagiousum), Fungal Infections, Herpes Simplex (HSVI, HSV2), Herpes Zoster, Pompholyx Eczema, Nummular Eczema, Stasis Eczema, Steroid Withdrawal Syndrome, Asthma, Allergic Rhinitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Including Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis).
Dr. Mortellaro-Gomez is a member of the following organizations:
- Acupuncture Association of Colorado (ACC)
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AAAOM)
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- American Pregnancy Association
- The Institute of Functional Medicine Institute of Functional Medicine
- The International TCM Dermatology Association (www.tcmdermatology.org)