Orthopedic-Musculoskeletal & Pain Disorders:
- Sports Injuries and pain, Arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, low back pain, general back pain, neck & shoulder pain, sciatica, hip pain, knee pain, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, carpal tunnel syndrome, lateral/medial epicondylitis, disc problems, Fibromyalgia.
- About Dr. Gina Mortellaro-Gomez, D.A.O.M., M.S.O.M., B.S., L.Ac., C.H., NCCAOM Dipl. O.M., FABORM
Dr. Gina is an avid athlete, and seasoned practitioner of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Her B.S. in Kinesiology from University of Colorado, Boulder, began this whole journey of understanding and treating the functional body. Gina continued her studies & earned her Master’s of Science in Oriental Medicine from South West Acupuncture College in Boulder, Colorado, and her Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) from Yo San University in Los Angeles, California specializing in Reproductive Medicine and OBGYN.
Dr. Gina has also studied and interned in China at top hospitals in Beijing and Shanghai, and locally with several post graduate courses & apprenticeship programs including, a 6 month Acupuncture Sports Medicine Apprenticeship Program with the world-renowned sports medicine acupuncture specialist, Dr. Whitfield Reaves, O.M.D. Currently, Dr. Gina continues to maintain a close working relationship with Dr. Reeves via helping and studying with ongoing apprenticeship groups & seminars. In addition to her apprenticeship with Dr. Whitfield Reeves, Gina also has a history as a Fitness and Personal trainer with background studies from the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Dr. Gina is continually seeking ways to expand her knowledge within this field through self-education and attending acupuncture sport medicine/orthopedic and musculoskeletal courses and seminars taught by practitioners such as Matt Callison, M.S.O.M., and Dr. Whitfield Reeves, O.M.D.
Dr. Gina combines her knowledge of Chinese Medicine as it relates to Sports Medicine, Athletic Enhancement and Musculoskeletal disorders with her background in Kinesiology and fitness training to provide a very well-rounded and balanced approach to her treatments serving Athletes, weekend warriors and those suffering from other Chronic orthopedic and musculoskeletal pain disorders in the South Denver-Lakewood Metro Area.
- Treatments received will not only be made up of acupuncture (Traditional acupuncture, “Motor Point” acupuncture and “Trigger Point” acupuncture) and body work such as Tui Na & stretching, they will also include a full postural assessment, using orthopedic physical evaluations and orthopedic manual muscle testing in order to assess the integrity of the musculoskeletal system and determine any muscular imbalances or postural distortions that may be the underlying cause of one’s discomfort or decline in daily life and or athletic performance.
- These assessments will also help to determine the strength or weakness of a particular muscle or muscle group which can give insight into what type and/or level of injury or condition we are dealing with.
- In addition to the above assessments performed, stretching recommendations and strength and rehabilitation exercises will be shown and given to the patient to do at home. This Western assessment & approach combined with the knowledge of Chinese Medical Diagnosis & acupuncture will provide the patient with an extensive and well balanced overall assessment and treatment.
- We also firmly believe in an integrated & cooperative healing community in which we will refer patients to other medical practitioners & therapists (Orthopedic physicians and or physical therapists, etc.) as their needs dictate.
To learn more about the specific orthopedic, musculoskeletal and sports related injuries and conditions which benefit from and are treated by Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, please Click Here.